Waste hierarchy gives a general principle of waste management
Consider waste as a resource. Waste should be avoided. If waste occurs, follow the waste management hierarchy recommendations below.
- Can you avoid creating the waste?
- Can you reduce the amount of waste produced?
- Can the waster product be reused, either internally or by another organisation?
- Can the waste product be recycled, and if so, where can it be recycled?
- Can the waste be recovered as an energy source?
Find more on the waste hierarchy by clicking on the following images.